Facebook is a great platform to use as a business and advertising tool. Mark Zuckerberg has certainly invested big time in the platform and as a result we have more than a billion people active on Facebook today.
Those are a billion potential customers.
Despite competition from other social media platforms, FB is still king and it doesn’t seem like it will be slowing down any time soon.
However Facebook ads are often overlooked among marketers because if you don’t know how to go about setting up a successful business campaign on Facebook, you might as well be throwing your money down the drain.
Enter the FB Academy.
Can this platform teach you the nuts and bolts of setting up a successful online campaign. Well, let’s find out, shall we..
Company Name: FB Academy
Owner: Anik Singal
Cost: $697 one time payment
If you have been on the online marketing world long enough, there is a good chance that you may have heard of Anik Singal. He is a highly successful entrepreneur who has even been featured in the Bloomberg Businessweek.
Ani Singal is the founder and CEO of Lurn, Inc.
I once tried experimenting with Facebooks ads sometime back and failed miserably. After researching on Anik’s FB Academy, I realised just how wrong I was with my campaign.
Turns out, that you don’t just pay $10 and experiment with how many people will come to your offer, so that you can scale up.
There are rigorous learning steps that you have to take in order to become successful. FB Academy teaches these steps, complete with a certification at the end of the course. I must say I was pretty impressed with what the course.
What is inside
To join FB Academy all you need to pay is a one time fee of $697
Well, he says the course is actually worth $13 758 but he is offering to you for not $997 but with a $300 member discount you will get it for $697. Lets just leave it at that.
The FB Academy gives you 9 comprehensive modules of training that come with video training and atb the quizzes at the end of module just to verify that you are on the right track. In fact, the training is designed such that you can’t move on to the next module before you can verify that you have understood what you have just completed.
Here are the modules;
- Module 1: Learn the fundamentals of FB advertising and how it all works. You also get to learn about account safety.
There are 6 lessons in this module.
- Module 2: Here you are introduce to sale funnels and how to identify the different types of traffic and their effectiveness to your campaigns. With this module you get 7 lessons
- Module 3: You learn all about landing pages and what is acceptable with FB’s rules.
- Module 4: This module has all to o about creating ads. Of course there are certain guideline that you have to adhere to. You also get to learn about the design process.
- Module 5: This module is all about getting to your target audience depending on the sort of business you are involved in. It comes with 11 lessons.
- Module 6: Here we get to the optimization stage. You have your ad up and running and the next step is t determine what is working and what is not. With that knowledge you know what to invest in or what to discard.
- Module 7: These module is certainly for the those who are quite advanced. Here you learn the best and up to date strategies that you can implement for your campaigns as you grow your biz. You get 10 lessons within this module.
- Module 8: The se is where you get your certification. Th Lurn Certificat is apparently recognized by the social media industry and what that means is you are ready to take over the industry with your skills.
Module 9: Here is where you brush up Ask whatever questions might be lingering. You also learn how to set up your Facebook business account
You also get the following bonuses.
- Facebook Ad Swipes– Learn what to write, post etc
- Ad Creation Mastery– Learn how to create images and videos
- First Campaign Checklists – Helps you to counter check your campaigns before launching the
- Kick Start Targeting – Series of niches, keywords to help you get started
- Decision Maker Bonus – One year free coaching calls and access to Aniks live webinars once every 2 weeks. You also get access to Lurn teams 24 hour customer support.
Pros and Cons
Great training from a true and tested industry expert. Anik comes across as a man who is genuinely interested in helping people achieve their goals.
The modules are well laid out and comprehensive even for a novice user. The video tutorials are a great boost within the training.
The price of FB Academy is in my opinion reasonable. Since we are talking about a one time payment, you can always look for external resources if you want to broaden your knowledge. I do however believe the training you get within FB Academy should get your campaigns up and rolling on a high note.
The other thing I love is they have a robust Facebook group community that readily offers support to members. When it comes to building an online biz, community support is a priceless asset.
No trial period. People should be given a period to test drive a product before they can fully dive in. By that I mean getting a limited feel of the program before making a purchasing decision. I think that builds a lot of trust and credibility.
Most people will stick around if they see the value of what they are buying into.
Other than that I thing FB Academy is a great platform by all means.
Are there other alternatives
Running ads whether on Facebook, Bing or Google adwords doesn’t come cheap. At the beginning of all campaigns there is always a lot trial and error and you could be spending loads of money before you finally understand what works. That holds true even with traditional advertising like television and radio.
For those going into online entrepreneurship or solopreneurship as its a sometimes referred to, the last thing you want to do is to start pumping out loads of cash to grow your business. It’s money you are looking for.
The alternative to paid traffic is organic traffic. It’s simple and FREE. Building organic traffic to your business opportunity comes with a lot of learning but the end result is you will have income coming in for years for work that you did years ago.
The way you go about that is by coming up with content that targets low competition keywords with high volume traffic.
To achieve that you will need to a keyword research tool. There are many of them out there. I prefer to use Jaaxy because it is extremely robust and gives you way more information than just keyword research results.
If you follow the rules set aside by search engines and do everything right, your online business will thrive for years without you having to spend any money in advertising.
That is what SEO (Search engine optimization) is all about.
I suppose by now you must have figured it out. FB Academy is not a business opportunity in itself but a means to grow your existing business. The fact that they even have certification may even enable you to get a job as a social media manager for an organisation.
All businesses are looking for growth and so if you can use your skills to help them, they will be more than happy to pay you handsomely for it.
But what if you don’t have a business or have no idea about how to go about setting one up. FB Academy wouldn’t be of much use to you.
If you are thinking starting an online business just understand that There are technical aspects of any business that one has to familiarize themselves with and that is no exception with online businesses. Once you get that part right, the rest is easy.
I would highly recommend you to check out this online education platform. This is a program that was founded way back in 2006, has stood the test of time and continues to get better with each year.
Here you learn the real deal on what it takes to become a truly successful online marketer. Best of all its 100% FREE to get started with. (No credit card required). You also get 2 FREE websites. Yours to keep for life.
Many thanks for reading my review. If you have a question or a comment on FB Academy, please leave it below. I would love to hear from you.
Feel free to share.
Hi there. Great to connect with you. I worked as a graphic designer for many years but could not seem to make much headway. A few years ago I discovered internet marketing and that is how this blog was born. Hazina is a Swahili word which means treasure. It’s what we do here. We help people just like you find their own online treasure. Check out this amazing community based online education program that has helped me build a successful online business and how you too can have a piece of the action.