Hi, there. It’s me again with simplified ways on how to earn money as a college student.
Let’s face it. You don’t like asking your parents for money all the time. Not unless they are extremely loaded and they have money literally pouring out of their pockets.
Even then, it feels good to earn your own dime.
Every student wants to be able to pay for some of the simple basic necessities. Like that new iPhone or being able to take your girlfriend out on a date without stressing up.
The truth is most students struggle with finances. Reason being it is not an easy balance between making good grades and earning.
I know many students take up part-time jobs. That is okay. I was able to work and raise a young family as a student. All I can tell you is that it wasn’t easy juggling between classes, work, and family.
It does take a lot of time before you can begin seeing revenue online so don’t walk out of your job today to start online tomorrow. You will need to have a little patience.
The only problem with working at McDonald’s or doing kitchen-hand jobs is that the pay is pathetic and it never goes up.
With the growth of the internet, there are many online opportunities on how you can make money as a student and if done well your pay sure goes up.
In fact, I would highly recommend looking in that direction because we live at a time where a good college education doesn’t always guarantee that you will get a job after graduation.
Many students start life after college with debt hanging over them. Your online gig could well be your ticket to long term earnings.
If you are entrepreneur minded, learning to create an online source of revenue is a good start.
The most important thing to consider before even thinking of doing your online business is to treat it with the seriousness it deserves. You have to have the right mindset if you want to succeed.
You must also have the passion for what you want to do. It’s a lot easier to pursue something you enjoy doing.
Okay, I will go easy on the jibber jabber and jump right into it
1. Selling your creative side. If you are a student
taking an art-related subject, you have a great advantage in that you can start earning money selling your art online.
People love creativity and there are many online stores and galleries that are willing to pay money for your art. It’s also a good way to build up your portfolio. Click here to see some of the ways you can sell your art online.
2. Selling unwanted stuff. Many of us have things that we don’t need. Look around and you will see that there are a lot of items around your home and even your friend’s homes that may need to be disposed of.
Clean up whatever you are selling, take good pictures and be sure to value your items for what they are worth. Also, mention any damages or blemishes that they may have. You want to build a good rep with your buyers.
The great thing about selling unwanted stuff is that once you list your items, you don’t need to do much more.
3. YouTube. It doesn’t cost anything to start a YouTube channel. If you have a topic that you are passionate about you could start a YouTube channel.
The more people watch your channel the more you will earn. Your videos must be engaging. You don’t need to have a lot of equipment either. Your computer and a camera will do, to begin with. It takes time to build popularity but with time you can begin to see revenue from advertising.
4. Blogging and writing content. The same applies when it comes to blogging. It takes time to build a successful online blog but once it establishes it begins to generate revenue through advertising and other links. You can also make money writing content for other blogs or as a freelance writer. A good way to start increasing traffic to your site is through social media.
5. Selling stock photography. Everyone has a camera on their smartphones these days. Taking pictures on the go can seem like a hobby but you can sell this pictures online. However, if you are planning to scale up on photography a professional camera is a must. You might also want to learn photo correcting skills in order to sharpen your images and enhance your colors. Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom are good programs that can help you do that.
There are several websites that will pay you money every time someone downloads your photograph to use in an ad, article or brochure. Here are some of them,
- Getty Images
Just be sure that your images are captivating and of high definition to increase our chances of getting them accepted.
6. Selling your skills. Some people have a natural flair for certain things. It could be doing voice overs to acting to singing. Don’t let your talents go to waste. People around the world are looking for skilled people for their online campaigns. Fiverr is one such place, where they sell 5-dollar gigs that can go up to a couple hundreds depending on the customers’ requirements and specifications. I have seen bizarre gigs like ‘I will sing happy birthday in my underwear for five bucks’. I know it sounds crazy but believes me there is someone out there willing to pay for such.
7. Online tutoring. You could leverage the course you are studying and offer online tutorials. Learning is beginning to take a more online trend.Lessons can be accessed via a link through live classrooms or as a learning management program where tutors can upload their lessons and students are able to access them by logging in at their own time.
Students will be ready to pay for knowledge at any a level if that can assist them with getting better grades. You can upload tutorials as you complete them so that those who are classes behind you can access them.
This will give you a nice portfolio to show potential employers upon completion of your course.
Online tutoring programs
8. Building websites. There are hundreds of people around the world looking for people to build websites for them. Whereas it may appear a difficult thing for most people to do, the fact is it’s easier than one would imagine. It takes just around 30 days for a person who has never built a website to get a fair understanding of WordPress and how most websites work.
I must mention that many of this ways will only earn you a little money at the very beginning so don’t expect to start rolling in it day one. However, as they, knowledge is power and the more you learn the easier it gets and the more your income will grow.
It will also give you a head start once you finish your course and get into the working life. Business skills always come in handy in the long run.
Many thanks for reading my post. If you have a question or a comment, please leave it below. I would love to hear from you.
Hi folks. Thanks for dropping by. I am a graphic designer and also build websites for local businesses. I am also a member of Wealthy Affiliate. WA is a community-based training platform that truly delivers. It offers a variety of tools, training, and support, and best of all, it’s FREE to get started with. Check it out and see if it’s a good fit for you.