Hi, there. It’s me again.Today I am going to show you some of the best ways to earn extra money. With the internet, opportunities to make money are all around us.
Ponder this points before taking your online leap of faith.
- Do your research and acquire as much knowledge about what you are getting into before diving in.
- Just like the old school ways of making money, there is a lot of dedication, effort, and commitment that is required in order to succeed.
- Identify what your interests are and follow along that path. Many fail because they get into ventures that they have no passion for. Don’t sell mangoes if your passion lies in oranges.
- Be the best that you can be. Appreciate the fact that you are among thousands of other people competing in the same field you are in.
- Be patient. Success won’t happen overnight.
- It’s okay to be rusty when you starting off. Practice makes perfect, they say. You will get better with time.
- Take action. No need to procrastinate. All the faith in the world won’t get you there until you start doing something.
The online world is full of money-making ideas. Some are easy to implement while others take a while to develop. Then there are those you should never go near. You know, the ones that drain your bank account…
We are on legit ways today so, here we go;
1. Selling your creative side
This is my most favorite because an artist’s talent something that is unique and cannot be easily replicated. If you have great art people will want to buy it.
You can create a massive authority within the online art community by selling your art if you do it right.There are many online galleries that sell art.
To increase your chances of selling your art, submit your work to various online galleries.
Most traditional galleries split the cost of your painting or craft once sold, online platforms will only take small commissions for your work because they have low overheads.
You can also build a recurring income especially if you are a painter from your work from online galleries that sell your art as digital images. You can keep your precious originals and still earn.
Many artists struggle to sell their art because they are not taught to think like entrepreneurs in art school. It’s possible to create a full-time income through art.
To build a successful online art business I would highly recommend building a website to showcase your work. It gives your art business a professional touch and more exposure.
2. Selling unwanted items.
I have a friend who set up a restaurant with furniture that he collected from people’s homes for free or paid next to nothing for.
If you look around your home, I am sure there are items that have been lying around for ages and you have no idea what to do with them. That could be money lying right there.
There are people out there looking for something you do not need.
Places you can sell unwanted stuff
Clean up whatever you are selling, take good pictures and be sure to value your items for what they are worth. Also, mention any damages or blemishes that they may have. You want to build a good reputation to your buyers.
You could sell everything you have but hey, your friends and neighbors might also be looking for someone to clear their junk for them.
I am pretty sure they will be quite happy if you could help them dispose of their clutter. It’s a win-win for everyone.
3. Selling Stock photography.
Do you have an eye for a good camera shot?
You can make money by selling your photos online. The beauty of modern technology is that we can now take perfectly good photos with digital cameras or smartphones, upload them and make money.
All those pictures in your hard drive could be making you money.
However, if you are planning to scale up on photography a professional camera is a must. You might also want to learn photo correcting skills in order to sharpen your images and enhance colors. Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom are good programs that can do that.
Note that most of the photos you submit will be rejected. To increase your chances of your getting accepted ensure that;
- They are of high-quality resolution.
- They are unique and captivating.
- The images do not infringe on other people’s privacy.
- The more images you submit the more you are likely to sell.
- Submit your photos to several different websites.
Web sites that buy stock photography
- Getty images
4. Online Tutoring
Do you have an academic background in teaching? Your skills could be making you money online. Learning is beginning to take a more online trend. There are many programs that enable tutors to teach online.
Online tutoring can be accessed via a link through live classrooms or as a learning management program where tutors can upload their lessons and students are able to access them by logging in at their own time.
Many institutions now have learning management systems that they offer to students for no extra charge.
Online tutoring programs
Before applying to become an online tutor be sure that you are proficient in your field of expertise and you have the necessary credentials to back it up.
Also keep up to speed within your field of expertise because many learning modules are constantly updating.
A good online portfolio would give you exposure.
5. Freelance writing.
Do you enjoy writing?
You could create a full-time online income just writing articles for books, publications, and websites.
It takes a lot of time and patience to become a successful writer. You need to sharpen your skills over time to build an authority as a writer.
As your content grows, I would recommend creating a blog where potential clients can view your work.
Writing can be very lucrative. Good articles can earn you anywhere from $0.50 to $1.00 per word. Many articles are normally 700 to 1500 words.
Good articles are those that are engaging to the reader. Keep it simple. Simple enough for that a ten-year-old to understand.
Freelance writers websites
Blogging is closely related to freelance writing in that well… a blogger must write.
Blogs however only appear on websites and are typically discussions that provide valuable information.
Your most recent blog will appear first on your blog roll, while the older ones follow with the oldest being at the bottom.
While writers earn money from the writing itself, bloggers earn revenue from links provided either within the article or external sources. A blog serves as launching pad to other sources of revenue.
Some blogs are however discussion and information forums and might not be geared towards profit.
Certain things are important to know before you think of blogging;
- Becoming a successful blogger takes a lot of time. You have to build a story around things that interest you. You also have to build a relationship of trust with the people you interact with online and offline.
- Many successful bloggers say that it would take you at least a year to start earning revenue.
- You have to keep reviewing and updating their articles.
- Your information must be accurate, hence the need to do a thorough research of what you are writing before publishing it.
- Remember not to write for search engines. Your articles should be written for people because its people who will read it. Write like you would normally talk.
- Never plagiarize other people’s work. It will only hurt you in the end. Blogging is about making money and the minute you start copy-pasting other people’s work, not only are you violating intellectual property rights, search engines will penalize you.
Develop your style, own your blog and build a brand for yourself.
Many thanks for reading my post. If you have a question or a comment, please leave it below. I would love to hear from you.
Hi folks. Thanks for dropping by. I am a graphic designer and also build websites for local businesses. I am also a member of Wealthy Affiliate. WA is a community-based training platform that truly delivers. It offers a variety of tools, training, and support, and best of all, it’s FREE to get started with. Check it out and see if it’s a good fit for you.